Canon CanoScan LiDE 60

janvanhove

Registered
I've just got a nice little CanoScan LiDE 60 for a personnal project which involves tinkering with the innards of the scanner...

After having done the tinkering, making sure that evreything was properly connected and working, i opened the ScanGear software, and it now tells me that the scanner is locked.

The led lights up properly, and the carrier moves correcly also, so i don't think i damaged anything with my tinkering...

Any ideas on how to make the software understand that it isn't locked?
Time to take the scanner to the repair shop or throw it in the rubbish?

Thanks

Jan

I had the same model scanner and was getting the exact same error message. I ended up plugging it into a PC and found I couldn't get it to work on that either, so I returned it for the refund.

Have you tried the scanner on another computer to see if it is a hardware issue?

Interestingly enough, If I remove the glass of the scanner, it goes through it's initial self-diagnostic ok, and I can then put back the glass and it works... it's a pain, but it works somehow...

Now I just have to figure out what exactly it needs to pass that initial test and I'll be on my way to scanning interesting images...

PJ

Yes, that switch was my first try, and it's just a mechanical lock of the carrier... Since the scanner is completely software driven, if the driver finds something with which it is not happy, then it just thinks there is a problem and just quits...

I managed to get it to work, now I just need to find a way to override the calibration process and read what the CCD sees directly... but that is beyond this forum's scope I'd say...

PJ

Back