Canon Powershot A80 Compact flash doesn't mount in Finder?

agusgriego

Partially Insane
I bought a Canon Powershot A80 and when I hook it to my powerbook, I can't see the compact flash mounted in the finder as happens with my a cybershot p-92 and a memory stick..

Is there any way of mounting it without a CF reader?

Thanks in advance,

Same problem here for A75. I was hoping to avoid iPhoto for photo retrieval. Nothing wrong with iPhoto, I just prefer Portfolio and would rather drag in my photos from the mounted volume. Too bad it's not there.

Is there a preference or something somewhere?

I'm not in front of my Mac at the moment, but isn't there a setting somewhere in Preferences that you can choose which app to open when you plug-in a digital camera or hit the scan button on a scanner? I swear I saw it somewhere a while back ... I'll try and find it again ...

OK - I'm on my Mac now ... Image Capture in the Applications folder - go into Preferences - then you can choose which app to open when you connect a digital camera.

After re-reading the original post, it doesn't solve your problem agusgriego, but it might help mindbend ... I have an A80 myself, but I also have a card reader, which I find abundantly more convenient than hooking up the cable to the camera so I've not run into this problem. I tested it out though tonight, and see what you mean.

Back