Canon S70 camera - software wont work !

filipesa

Registered
Hi,

Sorry, this is a recurrent problem but it was not solved the 1st time.
I installed the Camera software on the iBook G4 and everything works well till i click to download the selected images.

1 - When i connect the camera iPhoto lauches and i close it.
2 - I lauch canon software (iPhoto doesnt have preview function and only lets me to download EVERY photo from the camera)
3 - I choose the photos to dowload
4 - Click download and get "Error downloading image"

No matter to what folder i select the download, always get that error.
I dont have a desktop icon to open when the camera is connected, so i cant pick the files manually from the camera. Cant find the camera from the Finder neither.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Keeps the same.

Any help ?

Try going to:
Macintosh HD > Applications...

EDIT: crap. I cant remember the name of that program that lets you choose what you want to happen when the camera is connected. :confused:

Hopefully I well get the name of it tomorrow.

image capture is the app that lets you decide what to do when a camera is connected. Setting this to ignore the camera will at least save you a step filipesa.

As for the error, I'm guessing your camera is timing out. See if you can extend the time before it powers down. Option two is to lightly depress the shutter button (maybe half way or so) ever minute or two while downloading pics to keep the camera "alive".

Third option, since you seem to want as much control of the process as possible, is to use an external card reader and pop the CF from the camera into the reader. Then pull to your hearts content.

lbj said:
image capture is the app that lets you decide what to do when a camera is connected. Setting this to ignore the camera will at least save you a step filipesa.

As for the error, I'm guessing your camera is timing out. See if you can extend the time before it powers down. Option two is to lightly depress the shutter button (maybe half way or so) ever minute or two while downloading pics to keep the camera "alive".

Third option, since you seem to want as much control of the process as possible, is to use an external card reader and pop the CF from the camera into the reader. Then pull to your hearts content.

Ah yes. Image Capture. You explained my idea too. :p That's ok. Now I dont have to type as much. :eek:

Hi,

Tx for the hints. I'll try that Image Capture app to disable iPhoto.
Still....that is not what is bothering me. I am not able to download the photos from my camera with the Canon Software.
And its not a question of the camera...it works perfectly on a PC ! It doesnt go to sleep or anything....

help ?

IPHOTO does not have preview ..... I dont want to dowload 1Gb of photos in a USB1.1 conection everytime i just want a couple of pics....:(

Try this: open image capture, got to preferences, click 'camera', select 'image capture' as program to open when camera connected. Try both settings on camera itself for connection type (can't remember exact name of setting, but it selects between canon-specific or generic-type communication) In the generic mode, camera should mount on desktop and work with apple's image capture, where you can preview and select pix for download. Worth a try.

Back