cant add fonts to suitcase

new_roti

Registered
hi

so, fontbook is really shit.
aktivating deaktivating adding etc its very interesting what there happens.

now i have 10.3.2
bought suitcase x1 if i wants to add fonts nothing happens.
there is just a font called toolbox!

please help.

there must be a solution for the problem.

Well, I'd love to help but I think we'll need a little more information concerning the problem...

When you add fonts to FontBook, what exactly happens? Do you drag-and-drop them on the application, or do you use the "add" button to add fonts?

In Suitcase X1, do you drag-and-drop or use the "add" button? What happens then?

Also, most applications in OS X don't recognize fonts that were activated AFTER the application was launched. In most cases, you need to activate the fonts THEN launch the application you wish to use those fonts in.

hello

thanks for your fast reply!

it happen via drag and drop an via add of the menu.
it creates an folder named as the font folder i wanna to add.
it creates / adds just one font called toolbox. also if the font isnt in the group i want to add.

i tried to throw some some fonts (i 've written that on the extensis website)
but now suitcase quits at startup.

no plan!

is there anyway to uninstall suitcase copmletly from the harddrive?
there is option to do that! i want to deinstall all suitcase an reinstall again.
but i think that would'nt be the solution to run suitcase in 10.3.2

I think, to uninstall Suitcase, simply do a search on your hard drive for "suitcase" and remove anything related to Extensis Suitcase. I believe that would just be the application itself, the auto-activation files that it places into the Quark and Illustrator folders, and the preference files.

Also, a simple re-install OVER those files may help.

Plus, run a "repair permissions" and a disk check on your OS X drive to make sure you don't have any problems there.

What happens if you manually create a folder in Fontbook/Suitcase and then drag and drop individual font files, one-at-a-time, into that folder?

its running again but there are only some i can add.
i deleted all fonts of libaries fonts folder but not the of the system.
ok its running but only to 50 percent.
repair permission??? how can i do that?
its funny....in 10.2.8 i can see the font folder and the content.
but in 10.3.2 i can only see the folder

new_roti said:
its running again but there are only some i can add.
i deleted all fonts of libaries fonts folder but not the of the system.
ok its running but only to 50 percent.
repair permission??? how can i do that?
its funny....in 10.2.8 i can see the font folder and the content.
but in 10.3.2 i can only see the folder

Extensis Suitcase is weird piece of software at the best of times!

To repair your permissions, go to: Applications->Utilites->Disk Utility

Click on your start-up disk from the list in the menu on the left and then from the First Aid tab, click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.

You don't have to boot up your computer from a start-up cd, you can do it live.

I always quit all running applications before I do a repair job.

As a rule, I do a repair every week or so...

To get the best out of Extensis Suitcase X1, click the New Set button in the tool bar in the top left of the application window.

This will create a folder. Name it.

Then, with it selected, click the Add button and add in the fonts you'd like to be in that folder [see screen shot for example:]

suitcase.jpg

hello

its working!
really funny....permissions and fonts!
i newer heard about that

thank a lot for your helpful replies.

thanks thanks thanks!

What might help too is to run FontDoctor (comes with the X1 Suitcase program download) to locate missing or damaged fonts. Be careful because you may end up with tons of fonts you can't use, but as long as you repair any damaged fonts you need, they should still be available to you.

I had a project I wanted to work on on my laptop and the ONE font I wanted, Optima, wasn't working. I had to have it. I had copied everything from my iMac home computer to the laptop except the Type 1 font for Optima. Before I did this I could see the Optima font on my laptop but not use it.

Suitcase can be very tempermental, but if you use the FontDoctor software with it, it's really a godsend. No more loading all the fonts you never use just to open documents.

The only other glitch I have experienced is with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel in particular) because they have their own "font optimization" protocols that conflict with Suitcase. These programs just take 10 times as long to load when I have Suitcase running. Gee, Microsoft wanting to dominate the computer system? What a weird concept! He he. :)

Back