Can't awake from sleep

gazzerdc

Registered
Recently, I've been experiencing this strange phenomena. The computer goes to sleep (or, more precisely, it gets to the point where the monitor is black), but the computer doesn't shut down. And I can't wake it up. I have to hold my button (G4) until it shuts down. It boots right back up. Any ideas? Will DiskWarrior help?

This problem is most commonly tied to external USB devices. Also happens with devices plugged into some 3rd party USB PCI cards.

Try removing all external devices and try to repeat the problem.

Seems like the USB hub has certainly added to the troubles. I will try connecting the scanner directly to the G4 (and for some reason it has to go into the original 1.0 not the 2.0) and I'll try just leaving the printer and the Palm on the hub.

I've found that if I remember to shut down the scanner and I keep the bluetooth disconnected unless I need it, there is no problem awaking from sleep. And it goes to sleep as well.

Thanks for the input.

The three is silent?

gazzerdc said:
The three is silent?

Yep, the 3 in my name is a silent 3. It started as a joke back in High School, and then became a "cool, weird" thing to use in Art School. Then, due my friends' love of nicknames, it stuck after all these years. No good reason, other than it was inspired by an old Tom Lehrer bit.

Makes getting email addresses and forum names really easy tho :)

Back