Can't change icons anymore in 10.2?

onegoodpenguin

i am fish.
I have found myself unable to change the icons of my folders since upgrading to 10.2. This is frustrating, as it used to be extremely simple and straightforward. If anyone is having similar problems or has a solution, please respond here.

Matt

I couldn't change my icon of my utilities folder when I tried, but I could change the icon of a regular folder I made... I didn't have time to look at it when it happened tho...

i too couldnt change my utilities folder (i like it in the dock and a regular folder next to my office app folder is just a little too confusing) if anyone finds out how to fix it please post in here

a little off topic but is there a way to change the computer iMac FP icon to a PowerBook g3 icon? Prefferably with the desktop pic of 10.2 like it is on the iMac

Off topic but... How do you make the image that appears in the background, if selected, stay as that background when you burn it to a CD? I have the .volumeicon for the icon but i can never get the BG image to stay for my CDs.

very offtopic :)

I think you put the picture into the folder to be burnt, and THEN choose it as a background.

Tried that, does it matter if i burn the disc in 9? I tried making an image in X then open it in 9 but the same outcome, no BG image in X. My burner is not supported in X.

that's probably why...
did you make a disc image in x, put the stuff on (including picuter) and then set background, then save image, and burn it in X?

wooohooo! took me a while in photoshop but i made a powerbook img and saved it as iMac.jpg i didnt replace anything yet...how do i make it an iMac.icns file?

heres the pic:
http://homepage.mac.com/spitty27/iMac.jpg

its not an iMac its a powerbook

i managed to save it without a background but it seems to have saved it with a white bgcolor...which WILL affect it in the toolbar...any thoughts?
if ud like to see the image before photoshop here it is
http://homepage.mac.com/spitty27/before.jpg

no thats allright i just wanna know how to convert it to .icns so i can switch from the two- imac and my powerbook pic...i wanna see how it turns out with both pb pics if i dont like any of them ill switch back to the FP iMac

ohh

use iconographer (from versiontracker) and save as a .icns remember to add in ALL the members needed

I use icongrapher to make my icons. You can copy an image right from photoshop and paste inot icongrapher.

I can't burn CDs in X, burner not supported, i have to boot into 9 and burn the image. I had the file in the folder and everything, still didn't work. I tried this a number of ways with CD-RWs.

Back