Can't change users password in WorkGroup Manager

ACaton

Registered
Edit: See my 2nd post on this thread.

I'm trying to change user's passwords in the workgroup manager, it at first appears I'm able to change the password, but when I move to another user and then back to that user, the password becomes some 8-character password I don't know. This happens with all users.

It will only show the 8 characters for security so you don't know how many characters are in the password.

Aha...

Well, then.. I have another question..

I have everything set-up correctly, supposedly, on the server
(Open dir running, Kerberos running, etc..) Also I supposedly have everything configured correctly on the client (LDAPv3 plugin entry added, contacts and authentication pointed to the server), but I'm unable to login.

Are you using the Open Directory schema or the From Server schema in the LDAP plugin? I've found allowing the maps to come from the server work better at times.

ACaton said:
Aha...

Well, then.. I have another question..

I have everything set-up correctly, supposedly, on the server
(Open dir running, Kerberos running, etc..) Also I supposedly have everything configured correctly on the client (LDAPv3 plugin entry added, contacts and authentication pointed to the server), but I'm unable to login.

First try loging in the client as a local client and try then to access the server with a LDAP user (defined on the server). If that works, you set the clients correctly. If that does not work, try it on the console of the server.

Otherwise you did not configure the client correctly to included entries from LDAP in its scheme (done by DIRECTROY ACCESS program in the utilities map).

Good Luck, Kees

Back