Can't Connect through Router

DazedAndConfuse

Registered
I use a DSL modem to connect to the net at home with OS 10.1.3. Everything works great. The problem comes when I try to put a LinkSys BEFSR41 router in between (I'm obliged to use this hardware to connect to our corporate LAN with the work laptop PC).

The PC connects straight away with no problems (and that's a first), but I cannot get the Mac to connect through the router.

I'm working with an 800 MHz iMac, almost straight out of the box. An iPod is the only peripheral currently connected, and no funny s/w installed yet.

Any suggestions?

try entering the least amount of info needed in network prefs and let it search for particulars.

Also try making a new location in network prefs. the internet configuration doesn't place the info in the right place to use with a router. I created a location called 'router', chose show: built in ethernet and using tcp/ip and chose configure using DHCP and filled in pachell.net (my provider) under search domains. (run on sentence, hope you followed)

1. Thanks for being kind enough to reply even though you had already covered this in a previous thread.

2. I'd already done this based on your input to someone elses question a while back. Just for the hell of it I tried again; exactly as I did before. As if by magic it worked this time. Don't know why, but it doesn't matter as I'm a happy bunny now.

DC

Good, I like to see happy bunnies;)

also glad you did a little research on your own instead of just sitting idling by expecting someone to show up an fix it for you.

magic never hurts either:D

Back