Can't delete a user account from 2 different computers

macidiot

Registered
I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I have created a user account with the same name on both of my macs. Both running os 10.2.8, one a G4, the other an iBook... The user name is mikeoxbig, and I can't delete it from either machine.

Both do the same thing: when I hit delete, it asks if I want to delete the account, and I hit ok, and then it runs for a very long time... Finally goes away, but never deletes the account.

The account is there, the home folder is there, and I can still log in with that account. It does however put the home directory in the deleted users folder as a .dmg file, but doesn't delete it.

I thought it was just something weird on my G4, until I found that it didn't work on my iBook either. And these are accounts I created after installing the OS, they are not the original account.

And here is the real weird part. Any other user account I create on either machine can be removed normally.

I really want to get these accounts off my machine, but I am stumped... Any ideas? :(

The file sharing didn't change anything, but when I checked out User Manager, I realized I could use netinfo manager. Used that to delete that account, and all is well now. Thanks Guys! :)

Back