Can't drag & drop bookmarks out of IE

mfuse

Registered
Anyone have any idea why, when I drag a bookmark out of IE it never appears on my desktop. I used to do this all the time. Actually some times it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Any one had a similar experiance?

Are you referring to the location bar? I can't drag the little bookmark icon from the location bar to the desktop. When I do nothing happens. You can work around it by selecting the entire contents of the URL bar and drag and dropping it by clicking on the text proper (not on the bookmark icon).

Al least that was my experience with IE (using Mozilla now :D ).

I have the same problem. But usually I can drag to the desktop, but not the Dock.

I also cannot always drag images from websites to the desktop...sometimes it's works, sometimes it doesn't.

Really annoying.

I have the solution!

Stop using IE, the only reason macs ship with IE and not OmniWeb is because of that stupid agreement Apple made with MS back in 1997 (which finishes up this summer - yeah!)

Anyway OmniWeb has release the Beta of OmniWeb4.1 - this is a magor improvement, for those of you using Omniwenb there are only 2 problems. Spped and Java support... looking in the features 4.1 add Better Java support and is much faster - ahhh bless the champs @ OmniGroup

(www.omnigroup.com)

or for omniweb4.1: (http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/download/)

I would love to switch to Omni...they just need to get their Java support 100%. My own website (not personal; my company) needs it - so I can't fully do my job w/o Java...so, until then, it's IE :(

Actually, let me correct my post above. I CAN drag and drop to the dock but not to the desktop.

Usually I get around this by making a Favorite and dragging that...but, still, annoying!

The solution suggested above (drag the whole text, not the URL icon) works...so, thanks for that, at least! :)

If you need 100% Java support then you cant use OSX yet. If however you think that IE's java support is acceptable then seriously - for the good of giving M$ one last kick in the butt, try Omni 4.1 - it's Java support is up there - just a smidge behind that of IE.

-John Mann

Back