Can't Drag & Drop

tsganga

Registered
Hello,

I own an older mac laptop: G3 500 MHz Power PC with 256MB RAM. I am currently running OS X 10.2.8. I have recently lost the ability to drag and drop on the desktop or from a window. I can still drag windows around, but can't drag folders from them. I think iTunes 5.0 is my only recent software download, but I doubt this is the culprit.

I've looked at some other messages on this site that name similar problems and I've tried many of the suggestions, but nothing seems to work.

I just want to check here before I spend any money and bring it to a shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

Try this;

Delete the icon cache found in /Library/Caches/ whose name is "com.apple.dock.iconcache"

Next, delete these files from the Preference folder located here;

user>Library>Preferences

com.apple.desktop.plist
com.apple.finder.plist
com.apple.LaunchServices.plist

Restart the machine

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. I've tried the PRAM boot, NVRAM reset, sbin/fsck -y and some other things without success. This problem started about 3 days ago and I've never had any serious problems with this mac. Maybe it's just getting old. Any other suggestions before I bring it into the shop?

Thanks,

Tom

Back