Can't install any OS X 10.1 updates! Why?

BendAR

Registered
Today i wanted to update my OS X 10.1.
OK, the 10.1.3 installer said, that i need the installer update, no problem, downloaded, and in the installer of it, i couldn't select my harddisc!
OK, downloaded all other aviable updates for OS X 10.1 i found on the Apple page, and either i can't install, because of the older installer support, or i couldn't select my hd!

Perhaps anybody is able to help me...

OS X (Apple System Profiler): 10.1 5G64
HD: an IDE drive at a Sonnet PCI Controller Card (no problems)
Mac: 8600 with G3 400 upgrade card

I think you're going to have to backtrack. I'm not sure how you got to 10.1 without the installer update, but you shouldn't have been able to do it. there is a very specific order that must be done for the updates from a certain point. It sounds like you have gotten them screwed around. you may need to reinstall from your original install disc and then go thru all the updates from there. do not jump to 10.1 until software update is clean of anything to install.

other than that, do a search of this site for 'install'. there are a few other reasons this could happen and they have been discussed before. also be sure you have at least a gig worth of free space to install on.

hm...i installed it from a OS X 10.1 installation disk! no other updates i think...
the space is not the problem, 25 gb free....
i will try if i find some posts, but yesterday i didn't found any about my problem.

ok, i solved the problem:

had to install the security update, then the installer update and all went fine :D

Back