Can't Install Epson C80 Printer Driver

peterj

Registered
I had my C80 printer working, then install my scanner and its updated driver from the Epson site. Now my printer won't work, and OS X 10.2.8 says the driver is not installed. When I try and install the printer driver update from Epson, or even the CD-ROM driver, it refuses because the epson Scanner Monitor is open. I can't close this scan monitor and it won't delete. I've read various other questions but they just don't seem to be working for me. Also, if I switch to Panther will this take care of the problem or might I run into the same issue? Thank you very much for your time!

'When I try and install the printer driver update from Epson, or even the CD-ROM driver, it refuses because the epson Scanner Monitor is open.' ...

Copy ('Command C') the next line of UNIX code.

killall "EPSON Scanner Monitor"

..., paste ('Command V') into a 'Terminal' ('/Applications/Utilities/' folder) window, and press the <return> key.

-----

'Also, if I switch to Panther will this take care of the problem or might I run into the same issue?', most likely not - since you will do an 'Erase and Install' (via the Installer's 'Options...' button), and thus be working from a clean slate (so to speak).

Once you install MacOS X 10.3, 'Panther', update it - at least to 10.3.4, at most 10.3.9. 10.3.0 had issues with external Firewire storage devices, 10.3.1 fixed such (mostly); but introduced its own problems. 10.3.4 is very stable and zippy. Many (Mac'ers) had to update to 10.3.6 through 10.3.9 due to Apple 'iLife 04' type of products requirements.

MacOS X 10.4 'Tiger', although satisfactory to many - has its issues, so much that up to 500+ features (bugs) are expected to be resolved with MacOS X 10.4.3; any day now.

Thanks for your help; I managed to get everything back in working order (though I went into file permissions and just unlocked the bad files, then cleaned out everything, then reinstalled it).

Back