Can't install Panther!!!

Manuxan

Registered
After reformatting and installing in one partition Os x 10.2.6 I insert the first preview cd, after restarting the mac it tells me in four languages to restart the mac with the power button, every restart it tells me that!!!

What is it about???

Please help, thanks!

That problem is known as Kernel Panic! However, in order for people here to help you out, we need more info about your system like:
-Mac model
-Other connected devices
-Mac hardware details (ram, graphics, etc.)
-You get the point

Let us know about your Mac config and we will reply back ASAP :D ;)

Originally posted by hulkaros
That problem is known as Kernel Panic! However, in order for people here to help you out, we need more info about your system like:
-Mac model
-Other connected devices
-Mac hardware details (ram, graphics, etc.)
-You get the point

Let us know about your Mac config and we will reply back ASAP :D ;)

I have a Pb 12'' with 256 Mb Ram, nVidia Geforce 4 Go,
just fixed the problem thanks :)))

iMac have 500mhz G3 with 768mb and already have 10.2.6. It won't let me install Everytime I click to restart to install 10.3 and I kept getting kernel panic. What is the solution about this? :mad:

From your signature I notice that you want to install beta software on your wife's computer. Maybe the reason it won't install is karma...

Originally posted by MacFreak
iMac have 500mhz G3 with 768mb and already have 10.2.6. It won't let me install Everytime I click to restart to install 10.3 and I kept getting kernel panic. What is the solution about this? :mad:

Did you update the iMac Firmware to 4.1.9? it is on 10.3 CD in Utilities folder hmm?

Originally posted by boult
Did you update the iMac Firmware to 4.1.9? it is on 10.3 CD in Utilities folder hmm?

:rolleyes: If I didn't update the firmware 4.1.9. on iMac. How did I able to run 10.2? ;) Also I already tried to update the firmware but I got message box said "iMac's firmware have the latest version of 4.1.9f" :p Then what?!?! No one know how to solve the problem issues about installing the 10.3? :mad:

Originally posted by MacFreak
:rolleyes: If I didn't update the firmware 4.1.9. on iMac. How did I able to run 10.2? ;) Also I already tried to update the firmware but I got message box said "iMac's firmware have the latest version of 4.1.9f" :p Then what?!?! No one know how to solve the problem issues about installing the 10.3? :mad:

Did you try to restart the computer (while you have the Panther CD 1 inserted) and then after you hear the startup sound to boot from CD by pressing and holding the "C" key from your keyboard?

Did you try to reset the PRAM?

Did you try to unplug any internal/external devices other than the bare (factory installed) Mac ones?

Let us know...

Back