Can't Open Microsoft-Related Web Pages: Is there a Virus/Bug?

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
Is Microsoft undergoing one of their nationwide viruses/bugs again? For some reason, I can't open any Microsoft-run (or related) Web pages (e.g., Hotmail.com, WindowsLive.com, Microsoft Office E-mail, etc.). All other Web pages are loading just fine and speedy. So, it must be on Microsoft's end, right?

I wonder if it has anything to do with Microsoft pushing that Silverlight technology that they're touting as the "Adobe Flash Killer". It's not a default yet on their web pages but they've been advertising it as an optional "feature."

Is Microsoft undergoing one of their nationwide viruses/bugs again? For some reason, I can't open any Microsoft-run (or related) Web pages (e.g., Hotmail.com, WindowsLive.com, Microsoft Office E-mail, etc.). All other Web pages are loading just fine and speedy. So, it must be on Microsoft's end, right?
You may have a local issue. The video on the WindowsLive website is in Adobe Flash format.

Just consider it a blessing in disguise... ;)

LOL

Apparently, it was something on Microsoft's end, as I thought. I Googled it and, sure enough, there were tons of people all over the world who were having the same issue.

One can always rely on Microsoft to be unreliable. ;)

If Apple's sites had gone down, we'd all have been speculating on what new, amazing product they were about to unveil any minute now.

Back