Cant OSX4.3 connect to WIN2K3 server?

craigerb

Registered
Hi Folks,
We just got our new G5 and I'm having issues connecting to our Win2003 server. I have a G4 (OS panther) sitting right beside the new G5-Tiger, and I had no problems connecting with this Mac.

I've tried two things:
A)I have an IP address, I have internet, I can see the server in the finder, and the G5 sees all the shared drives on the server, however, when I attempt to logon I get a popup error message stating "The alias "NTS1" could not be opened, because the original item cannot be found" It then gives me 3 options 1)Delete Alias 2)Fix Alias 3)OK . None of these options will allow me to get any further. (NTS1 is the name our server on the network)

B)Connect to network Drive: I enter the path of the network drive I'm attempting to connect to (smb://domain/nts1/mac) and I get a popup authentication window asking me for the network logon and password, however, after entering the info it doesnt allow me to connect, it says my name and/or password is wrong...and I know this isnt true....

Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers.....

When you tried to authenticate, which userbname did you use: the one resident on the Mac or an account that was resident in the Windows server? Try the latter and see if it lets you in.

This is how I access shares on my windows machines from my iMac.

Back