Can't Print Anymore

Delpezd

Registered
All of a sudden my 2 month old Epson Photo 820 Stopped printing. It quit after the color ink ran out, which I just replaced, but still nothing. My iMac sees the printer, I can check the ink level, print a nozzle check and all that, but that's it. When I go to print any page the print utility comes up with all the options, I click print, a window pops uo saying printing page one, etc. and that's it. Nothing else. Apple's print center sees the printer. I have reinstalled the latest drivers many times but no help. I'm running a Dalmation special edition iMac with 10.1.5 and the latest Epson driver. I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks

Do you have the printer connected to a USB hub? If so, then make sure the printer is in port 1. And the hub is connected to the computer at port 1 (the keyboard should be in port 2).

If you don't have a hub, then make sure the printer is connected to port one of the computer and the keyboard is in port 2.

Make sure the usb cables are in snug. Make sure the paper is in the tray correctly.

When you send a page to print, does the light on the printer blink? It should and that is an indication that the printer is getting the signal.

Since you can print a nozzle check, you know that it does indeed print all colors. Did you do a print head alignment? Sometimes that's what it needs. While Epson's do not need an alignment everytime you change an ink cartridge, you do need to do it periodically.

Thanks for the reply. I moved the cables so the printer is on #1 on the hub and the computer and did a head alignment without any problem - yet still no printing. My father has the identical printer and his wouldn't work on my mac so it has to be software. I talked to my Mac guy today and he had me remove the preference file from my Library hoping it might be that simple but he said if I already tried to reinstall the drivers then I probably created more problems by doing so. My options are to bring it to the shop for a somewhat expensive fix or upgrade to Jaguar which should eliminate the problem. I might upgrade since I have been thinking about going for it anyway and by the time it comes out of the shop, the price won't be that much different. It's as good an excuse as any I guess. Thanks again Cheryl.

Upgrade! Jaguar's way more finished than 10.1.5, plus the problems that I used to have with a StylusPhoto1290 - intermittent refusal to print, remedied by pausing and unpausing the print queue - have gone under 10.2 (so far so good!). Someone else had the same problem with the 1290 and theirs is sorted with the upgrade too - see thread. I'm guessing they're pretty similar printers, aside from the width?

I did the upgrade this afternoon and it did solve my printing problem. It's running great except that I cannot send mail at the moment. I'm checking the other boards for a fix. Thanks

Back