Can't Print in Mac OS x with epson stylus color 740

njspartan

Registered
1. The epson stylus color 740 is suppose to be compatiable with mac os x. The driver came with software and when I go to print, it is selected.
2. Click print . Print center says opening print connection.
3.Then says closing print connection.
4. An error comes on the screen " Your print job failed to print due to an internal error, Try printing the document again."
5. I can print in classic OS 9.2.1 with no trouble

any help would be great and very kind of you
:confused:

Hey, sorry about your luck. I have the same printer and have been using it sucessfully on every version of OS X since the Public Beta. Do get a better idea of what's wrong, could you tell me about your system?

What version of OS X are you running, what hardware, and is the printer directly plugged into the computer? Of course with printers, a good idea is to always check with the manufacturer to see if they have released any new drivers. However your problem may be with the Print Monitor program and not with the printer.

Please advise ...:confused:

I'm using mac os 10.1 the print is directly into the machine and ive also tried printing from the hub nothing works. I have the bondi blue imac 233mhz 256 ram 4 gib hard drive
I've heard other people say they have trouble with their print but so far no solution
write back if you have any ideas for printing with my epson stylus color 740
As a side note I CAN print with classic applications
thank you for your time:confused:

I also have an Epson 740i using Mac OS X.1 and it does print but it won't print black and the colors are very off like light yellow will come out very dark.

My computer is a G4 dual 500 with 384mb of ram.

Im using epson stylus color 740 not the 740i
if one has heard of a solution to the printing problem or have a theory about fixing it write back

Back