Can't Record CDs on PowerBook Super Drive

Jersey Jim

Registered
Hope someone can help me... I have checked the forums extensively and can't find anything that reads right on my problem. So here goes.
I'm a new PowerBook user and I just tried to record on a CDR for the first time. The window pops up and indicates that it is preparing to burn the disk but in a matter of 15 seconds or so, pops an error 0X8002006D. I haven't got all that much on the hard drive... So space isn't an issue. Another thing that I have noticed is that 8X comes up as the speed and there doesn't appear to be any way of changing it.
I have a G4 PowerBook running Tiger with the latest updates. Drive reads disks without a problem. I'm using Maxell disks. Another strange thing is that the disks when I first started trying to record showed up on the desktop with a CD icon. They are now showing up with the icon looking like a burn folder (new disk not previously used). Also when I open up the finder, I have a burn folder icon in the left pane for all of the CDs I loaded. It doesn't let me throw them away.
Looked in the Console when this was happening and found the following...

Mac OS X Version 10.4.3 (Build 8F46)
2005-12-29 11:23:14 -0500
2005-12-29 11:23:17.380 SystemUIServer[185] lang is:en

Don't know if any of the above is relevant.

Trying to come back to Mac but it has been a painful process.
HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Jim

1-Try a different brand of discs.

2-Trash the following files from User>Library>Preferences;

com.apple.finder.plists
com.apple.cdhub.plists
com.apple.digihub.plists
com.apple.sidebarlists.plists
Log off then log back in as same user.

3-Create a new user and try burning in that account

Thanks Bob... Problem solved! Next time I'll take the advice in order. Did #2 & 3 above, before trying other disks. I am concerned at how fussy this thing is. I haven't had this problem with the ThinkPad that I've been using for the last four years.

Jim

Back