can't see my folders icons

cluster1

Registered
can't see my folders icons anymore, icons for files are ok though! i tried disk utility and mac janitor, but just the same.

You are not talking about the folder icons over the network, right?
Did you try trashing or better moving the com.apple.finder.plist in the home/Library/Preferences folder?
The same thing that was mentioned in your other thread: did you restart the system?

(Sorry for my not so good english, im french from Montreal) ok more info youre right ! my mac is a G4 500mhz with 1gb of ram. Last week i run norton systemworks v1. during speed disk operation i had to stop the operation because i had.... then i lost my HD drive on the desktop, i tried a lot of things to mount it again and finally the last thing that works has been to use Norton volume recover. it took 24h to recover everything and eveything works perfectly. but i had a folder that had been created during the recover that was coming from an image disk that was mount on the desktop. i tried to flush that folder in the the trash but it wont delete even after a restart. so i went in the terminal and use rm code to remove it. that works but now i cant see my folders icons anymore
Trashing or better moving the com.apple.finder.plist in the home/Library/Preferences folder has not work.

Sorry for your problem. Your first mistake was using Norton at all, the product has been discontinued. Norton Utilities was discontinued because it cause so much problem for OS X I wish I could speak French to make this clear to you).

I will try a least of possible fixes:

1) Go to Applications->Utilites->Disk Utility and highlight your drive and click "Repair Permissions".

2)NEVER use again Norton Utilities again for the health of your system. You should consider a product called DiskWarrior.

3) Zammy-Sam's suggestion of trashing your com.apple.finder.plist in your Users->Your Username->Library->Preferences is good.

4) If none of that helps, boot the computer with you OS X install disk, when the install program starts up, go to the Menu and Run Disk Utility and Repair your startup drive. After that reboot your machine from the hard drive.

5) If nothing above helps, then consider to reinstall the OS X 10.3.4 Combined Update. After that is done then re-run Software Update.

Good Luck. There are some users here that speak French. Hopefully they will come to this thread.

Also run a "Hardware Test" from the Hardware CD that came with your computer. Tha t will help you make sure your problem is either software or hardware related.

Back