Can't select CD drives in Disk Copy

Dreamvaulter

Registered
I've read some posts on this forum that describe how to make an image of a CD using the Disk Copy built into X 10.1. However, when I go to Disk Copy and choose New Image From Device from the Image menu, I cannot select either disk1 or disc2, which I think are the names of my two CD drives. They are on the list, but they won't highlight. I can only select disk0, my hard drive. My guess is that I have to change some sort of setting in Disk Copy, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any ideas?

Thanks,
dreamvaulter

did you try just dragging and dropping the cd icons to disk copy window? if so, what kind of response did you get?

this is going to sound lame, but i remember having this problem but i can't remember how to fix it. might have been by upgrading to 10.1.2. i'm pretty sure it wasn't by changing anything in disk copy but i wouldn't swear to that. so the best i can offer is that it can be resolved. maybe someone else here knows.

and just to be sure - you have tried this with sveral disks, not just the one you want to copy? ruling out copy protection is helpful.

I thought copy protection might be the issue (that record label probably doesn't want me making a copy of their CD). But I tried a CD that I burned myself, and it wouldn't work either. So I don't know.

Back