Cant select printer in Print Center

Wafa

Registered
I have a PowerBook G3 Wall Street with RAM 320 MB running OS X 10.1.2. I have two USB printers connected, one is Lexmark Optra E312 and the second printer is Epson 740. I have also Fax STF 10.01 for Mac OS X installed.

Both printers were working fine but after installation of Fax STF, I attempted to select Apple internal modem from the pull down menu in the Print Center (as insructed in the stfFAX manual} but when I clicked on "Add" I got the message "unexpected error has occurred -108". The same error message appears every time I tried to add any of the other printers (Epson 740 or Lexmark Optra E320) though all printers are recognized and its names appear in the printer list window of the Print Center.

I deleted the preference for the print Center from my library folder, and disconnected and reconnected the printers, but with no success whatsoever.

I would be very much grateful for for any help and assistance on how to overcome this problem

Similar problem here with 10.1.3. Was able to print with OS X on a Epson 740, but somewhere soon or coincident with upgrading to 10.1.3, I get the "unexpected error has occurred -108" message. I can print with Classic apps, but not OS X apps.

Deleted the Epson folder in Library/Printers and reinstalled with any change.

Anyone had any success with fixing this?

•••• revising a day later.

Found the answer and it worked

Check out <http://www.macaddict.com/forums/Forum33/HTML/002691.html> for the solution.

:p

none of this worked for me...but i was not about to try to reinstall 10.1.3 because I have 10.1.4 installed...

found this article on apple.com but it didn't help me either:

Mac OS X 10.1: Cannot Print or Add Printer, or Print Center Quits Unexpectedly
Article ID: 106726

still getting that damn error

I'm having the same problem and looks like nothing can fix it up: there are, of course, no indication nor tips both on apple official support site or macos x system help.
Does anybody have at least an idea on why this happen?

PS hope people understand my english but I eat pizza & spaghetti :)

Back