can't send attachments via apple mail

marieanna

Registered
hi,
I am using the apple mail programm to process mails. yet, since I installed a router in my new apartment it won't send out emails with attachments going through that new router. sending off mails from other places with wireless is almost always no problem. I then installed another programm (thunderbird), but it won't send attachments too. a person with a pc in my household has absolutely no problem sending off mails with attachments through the new router. I have also asked a friend to check all the router configurations. he couldn't find the problem there. where might it be? it seems like the mail-programs get stuck after an initial attempt to send those messages out.
thank you for your help.
best,
marie.

You problem sounds like it has absolutely nothing to do with your router. Check your SMTP server settings in your email account setup in Mail.

If everything is OK there, then return with relevant information about your setup:
Version of OS
ISP/Email provider
Model of router
Type of file being attached

BTW, if you are connecting wirelessly, then make sure that you are connecting via your router and not your neighbor's.

Back