Can't send large data chunks

garland

Registered
Here's a problem I have no idea how to explain, and it's really the sort where I don't even know who would be good to ask, but since the problem is exclusive to macintosh (mine, anyway), I figured this would be as good a start as any.

For some reason, I can't upload data from my iBook that contains more than one packet worth of continuous data. For example, I can't connect to certain web sites like hotmail and ebay pages. I can't send long emails or post large messages on boards like this.

Usually I'm behind a wireless NAT router at an apartment complex, and the network administrator is extremely unresponsive, so I'm curious if I can clear it up from my end. As far as I know, Windows users don't have a problem. If they did, presumably the admin would be motivated enough by complaints to actually investigate the problem. My web-capable palm pilot doesn't seem to have a problem either. However, it isn't a problem strictly with the iBook because I don't have problems at other wifi locations. Sometimes, for a few hours every week or two, it even works at the problematic location.

When monitoring the network traffic, I seem to only send the first packet of data repeatedly for a couple minutes without finishing it.

Does anyone have any idea what more I can look into to try to figure this out?

Back