Can't stop a massive image sequence from saving!

50hz

Registered
OK, so I've been using quicktime to edit a few clips for my show reel/portfolio. Last night I was working on my Laptop (G4 powerbook, 1.64GHz, 1 GB RAM, OSX 10.3.7) saved a short image sequence to use as an effect on a web page I was working on, then cropped a large clip from the whole movie and exported it, intending to create a .mov but forgot to change the settings back from "image sequence", I then selected desktop as the destination, and quit quicktime before realising what I had done.

I now have this ridiculously big image sequence filling my desktop with .jpgs and I can't seem to stop it, no matter what I do, I can't open any folders either via clicking them directly or using keyboard shortcuts, I can just about open up an app, after the dock staggers up from the bottom of the screen. Even when I shut down the laptop by holding the power button for 6 secs and then boot it up again the images are still there, and before i get chance to open a folder to backup my work, the machine has slowed to an impossible speed again?

Anyone know how to override any active processe such as this?, or failing that, how I can access my user accounts "library" folder from my girlfriends account?, as if I can get in there and copy a few settings then I can re-install without loosing anything important, but although I have given her admin status in the accounts settings, my library folder still says she has no access privileges, and I'm reluctant to loose my safari and mail prefs due to current projects that relate to both apps settings.

OK, after I left the powerbook on for the best part of a day to do its thing, i came back to find about 17,000 odd .jpgs all over the place, mac still moving at a snails pace, but was able to open a folder and navigate to delete the unwanted files and now its back to running as expected.

Oh, I'm late. Since these files would probably all have similar names, you could've maybe used the Terminal to delete them by entering "rm -rf nameofimagewithoutthenumber*" without the quotes and hit return. I keep a Terminal window open for things like that (when the Finder goes unresponsive for some reason like you mentioned)...

^thanks, thats handy to know, btw is there somewhere I can find a list of common terminal command lines?, I guess I should start using it more than I currently do (practically never).

Hm... Well... Basically any UN*X tutorials that explain the shell commands are a useful start... Mac OS X currently uses bash.

Back