Can't upgrade to OS 10.3.9

Phil H

Registered
Hi there!!!
I only have a dial-up connection, and so downloaded the OS 10.3.9 combo upgrade from a friends computer (and burned it to CD). I have OS X 10.3.5 currently installed, about 4Gigs of space available, but the installer still has the red cross over my hard drive after I agree to the copyright terms and conditions.

PLEASE HELP!!!

If your friend has the upgrade package (not the reciept) available, you might try starting your machine in target disk mode, connecting with a firewire cable and running the installation from the other Mac. Your machine may not have enough space for temporary files, or for both the old AND the upgraded system files prior to post-installation clean up.

The only issue with that is that I can't get my computer round to his place. What about if I copy the receipt to my computer Would that make any difference (ie, give me privilages to install the upgrade)?

Phil H said:
Hi there!!!
I only have a dial-up connection, and so downloaded the OS 10.3.9 combo upgrade from a friends computer (and burned it to CD). I have OS X 10.3.5 currently installed, about 4Gigs of space available, but the installer still has the red cross over my hard drive after I agree to the copyright terms and conditions.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Please check that your Update is the MacOS 10.3.9 COMBO update if you want to upgrade from 10.3.5 to 10.3.9 in just one step.

Yeah, even though you mentioned that it was the Combo Updater, it sounds like you downloaded the Delta Update (which is if you're upgrading from 10.3.8 to 10.3.9). How large was the file, because the Combo Updater is quite large?

Back