Carbon Sound Manager???

After doing a little research, this software is possibly the fix we have been waiting for to stop iTunes from cutting out. Anyone else know anymore about this?
-Doofy

:) There is something about it on Macworld's website, but it doesn't shed much more light on it. I don't think I need it.

Are you supposed to try and suss out what these things do when they pop up in the list?! I always just click Install! If Apple think I need it, that's good enough for me. And nothings gone wrong. Yet. :)

I agree. I install all and any updates that appear, and I haven't had even one problem with any of them.

That's the beauty of software update, my friends. As Apple has said when describing it, "you choose what to install.".

I don't install everything that comes across. I install most of them, though. :)

(Attention: This answer contains some sarcasm.) Hmm... My personal guess would be that this is an update to 'Carbon Sound Manager'. And from its name I'd take that this is a software that in some way 'manages' 'sound' in 'Carbon' applications. Hope this helps.

Has anyone else noticed strange effects after installing this update? I didn't realize it at first, but the sound from my Sound Sticks has become muffled and warbly, though if I switch output to the Internal Speaker it sounds fine... Weird... And really annoying!

haven't got any sound sticks... and my tibook sounds as good or bad as before the update. then again, i don't do much with sound on that one...

Your internal speaker sounds better than your Sound Sticks? Very odd.
I've got ProSpeakers and an iSub and they sound as good as ever.

I have yet to hear anything through my stereo connection. I guess it's the same. I did notice in Final Cut that i couldn't control the volume from the menu bar if i was playing a sound, not sure if it did that before, thats a minor annoyance that I just caught.

Back