CD burning issues - TIGER

dbyrne

Registered
Have two new G5 Dual 2.7's and neither mount or even TRY to burn a CD... They mak noises and spit the CD out. They mount burnt CD's OK. Any suggestions? The Computers came with 10.4 but because of compatablity issues with some of my software i went back to 10.3.3... I am now on 10.4. everything else seems to be running smoothly.

The empty CD's and the burnt CD could be different (CD-R or CD+R,...).

Have you checked that the kind of empty CD you are using is compatible with your CD drives?

I remember users coming across a similar problem back in Jaguar days and there was a way to fix this, but I can't remember. Any blank CD should be compatible with your Mac to burn onto, so I don't understand.

There is no such thing as a CD+R -- only CD-R (perhaps you're thinking DVD+R?).

How did you manage to install 10.3.3 on the new G5? As far as I know, those machines do not support an OS X revision that early.

Well 10.3.3 installed and ran fine. My G5 came with 10.3.3 (Dual 2.5 GHZ) about a year ago... surely then the Dual 2.7's should run 10.x. They didn't change that much on the inside did they?

One user, a few weeks ago, installed 10.3.x on his G5 (or ran it, at least). The installer wasn't compatible. It ran fine, basically, but he wasn't able to burn CDs, mainly because the drive (109) isn't supported in 10.3.9 and earlier.

A clean install of 10.4 should do the trick.

I did an upgrade of 10.4? maybe i need to do a clean install? Funny thing though DVD+R mounts just fine.

I'm using mac the ripper on two computers, one is a G4 Tower a few years old and the other is a brand new Power Book, both using Tiger. The Tower has been copying fine, my player/burner is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104. The PowerBook has a Matchita DVD-R UJ-835E that came installed in it. When using Mac the Ripper on the Powerbook, it copies like normal, and at the end I get a message saying "Bad Sectors". From here the TS File is useless, no playback and cant burn it using Roxio Popcorn. The Bad Sector Message appears everytime, everydisc I put in there. I deleted Mac The Ripper and tried a fresh download, still did the same thing. Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions for getting my Powerbook up to par.

Hey,
I use a great CD duplication service provider when I need to make lot of copy of any particular CD and it works very well for me. You don’t need waste your time; you can get lot of copy of your CD in short of time. Take a look at easymultimedia.co.uk hope you will get what you want. Good luck!

Back