Cd Burning On Biege G3 10.2

RobMizelle

Registered
300MHz, 192MB beige G3 running 10.2

Installed a Philips CD-RW/DVD....Profiler says "Disk Burning fully supported, Unit # 0, Device Type atapi"

CD drive recognizes all installation /photo/etc. CD's
When I insert a blank CD, the setting to open DiskCopy works, but the blank CD image is not mounted to the desktop. DiskCopy will not allow selection of files to copy.
Same problem with iTunes... will not allow selection of files to burn.

What do I need to do to burn a disk?

Thanks,
Rob

RobMizelle said:
When I insert a blank CD, the setting to open DiskCopy works, but the blank CD image is not mounted to the desktop. DiskCopy will not allow selection of files to copy.
The only time you want to use Disk Copy is if you are burning a disk image that is already created.

Otherwise, it is best to not have any app for the default when inserting a blank CD.

Go to the System Preferences to CDs & DVDs and change the setting for When you insert a blank CD to Ask what to do.

When the system sees a blank CD it'll give you a dialog box asking if you would like to give the CD a name... if you are burning a data CD, then give it a name and a CD image will appear on the desktop. If you need to use Disk Copy or iTunes, click on the ignore button and then open the app you need. The blank CD will be available for it. You can then burn some pre existing image (unmounted) in Disk Copy or an audio CD in iTunes.

Hope that helps.

Back