CD Burning Problem...

ascaoreon

Registered
I recently upgraded my system to Mac OS X v 10.1.5, but have run into a problem. Every time I go to burn a CD, the program I use freezes during startup. Originally I thought it was just because of the program, but then I downloaded a demo of another CD-Mastering program, and the same thing happened. Just to see something, I unplugged the USB cable to my burner and then re-launched both programs and they both loaded perfectly.

Just so you know, I use Roxio Toast Titanium (version 5.2) to make all of my CD's, and the burner I have is an Iomega USB Zip CD 650.

Do you have any idea as to what is worng??

Under OX 10.1.5 you are able to burn CD's directly in the finder with your cdrw.

Have you applied the disc recording update 1.3.5 which gives more compatability for the drive.

If you are still having problems let us know.

I also use Toast Titainium 5.2.1 which I haven't had any problems so far. If give some details of what the problems are I may be able to help.

Sounds like a driver problem. When I used to use Windows this would always happen because of the drivers.

I temporarily fixed it. I have to load Toast first, and then plug in the burner, everything is fine after that. I'll try the Disc Recording Update, and see if the disc shows up on the desktop after that. Thanks.

Back