cd ejects instead of booting

elliotmah

Registered
some of my original bootable cd's such as windows xp and mac osx no longer boot everytime i insert and hold down the c key it just ejects the cd. I have a macbook pro 15.1inch 2ghz

Does there happen to be a problem with the trackpad's button? I only ask because if it is somehow stuck to be held down (hardware problem), the Mac would get the command to eject the optical medium. (I.e.: If you ever want to eject a CD or DVD at boot-time, you hold down the left mouse-button or trackpad button.)

What happens if you select the CD/DVD as the startup volume in the Startup Volume preference panel?

Do these disks mount correctly when you are in OS X? If the disk is damaged enough, it may be rejected. Also, if you have an open firmware password, you will be unable to boot from a CD, or anything other than a normal OS X installation. Instructions on removing a firmware password here. If you are unsure if you have a firmware password, try booting up while holding the T key. If you have firmware protection, nothing different will happen. If you don't, you'll boot into target disk mode (shut down to go back to normal boot).

nope, no luck it went into target disk mode no problems, im not sure why its not working, it seemed to have changed after using bootcamp to install windows and then i removed it. any ideas?

Back