CD won't eject

turbine

Emperor of things small
I apologize in advance if this thread has been started elsewhere, but my CD won't eject. Tried every possible way, command-E, dragging to trash, and hitting the eject key on the pro keyboard.

Anyone have any ideas?

Do you get an error when you try to eject it? Or just nothing happens?

Ordinarily your problem would indicate that some application is using the CD for something like playing back music or reading a file.

-Rob

i have the same problem, sometimes when i put a cd in(not a music cd), usually consisting of some of my artwork.. i wont even open any filse, i will be looking thru it, and then i close the cd, and try and eject, but yet it tells me the cd is in use... how is it inuse if i never opened anything on the disk.??????

i have noticed as time goes on, i am losing more and more features... after 3 days, i lost all sounds, after about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks i lost my USB Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse... very strange, i am hoping they are gonig to come out with the update soon...

That sounds pretty grim. I'm not rubbing it in, but I've had X since 24 March with hardly a problem that wasn't Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.1 crashing.

I wonder why the discrepancy?

--Rob

i am sure the discripency is due to machines being used.. i am used a Beige 266... dont get me wrong.. i love OS X, but there are some key issues that apple needs to address quickly. Anyone have issues with saved files not appearing ? also, i have lost sound in osx and can only get it if i boot 9.1, play a sound, then reboot osx.. and the cd issue.. i am just really hoping that the update comingout will fix these problems..
anyone hear anything on an expected date of release?

Back