Cd writing

istyan

Registered
Hi

A simple question from an apple novice.

I'd like to know how to copy files to a CD on multiple sessions. I'm working on TV series translation at home with an imac and go to studio (where they use PC+Windows) to make the synchronisation for subtitles. Almost every day. So every day i need to copy a small file to a CD. I used the burn option in the finder but after one burn, i can't add any other file. So how can i do this ???

THX

As far as I know, you can't burn multiple sessions onto a CD using the finder-burner. However, there is a wonderful app called Toast which can handle this very well. I was also looking for a free/shareware and found this. Hope it will help you out.
And welcome to the forum :)

You can burn multi sessions. Open your Help Menu and look for multi sessions. It will explain how.

Roxio's Toast also supports multi session burning as well as CD formatting options that are not available. Because Disk Utility, which bobw's suggestion uses, does not support either the hybrid HFS+/ISO 9660 format or straight ISO 9660 for CDs, Toast is the better option if PC compatibility is a consideration.

Back