Centralized Management

sigex

Registered
OK I've done some research and i'm very stuck!

What I'd like to accomplish:
All users in our company use iChat to communicate with eachother. I am MIS here and am currently having to update everyones iChat buddylist manually when a new employee is hired. We are hiring rapidly and this is taking a lot of time and not going well manually. I want to be able to have centralized management of everyones buddylist.

What I have tried:

I've set up an LDAP server in hopes that the Address App would grab that information. I don't understand how to have the AIM entry that AddressBook has entered into LDAP.......... Does anyone have any idea if this is possible?

Thanks for your help!

Okay, I persoanally don't use it so this is a guess, but...

In iChat preferences, you can turn on "local Rendezvous messaging."

I think this is what you're looking for. Anyone that is running iChat should then be viewable by another iChat client.

sigex said:
OK I've done some research and i'm very stuck!

What I'd like to accomplish:
All users in our company use iChat to communicate with eachother. I am MIS here and am currently having to update everyones iChat buddylist manually when a new employee is hired. We are hiring rapidly and this is taking a lot of time and not going well manually. I want to be able to have centralized management of everyones buddylist.

What I have tried:

I've set up an LDAP server in hopes that the Address App would grab that information. I don't understand how to have the AIM entry that AddressBook has entered into LDAP.......... Does anyone have any idea if this is possible?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, using Rendezvous, you don't have to add anybody to your buddy list... you can just see whomever is on the network and signed on.

Back