certain sites aren't loading.... i dont get it

kisla

Registered
i've tried all morning on both safari & firefox getting onto sites such as craigslist, aim.com, facebook.com, and my school email albright.edu. i got onto aim.com once and facebook.com once, but now it's not working again.
all other sites myspace.com, gmail.com, & this site, are all working.
when i tried searching on google i can only get on certain links...

anyone know whats wrong?

Do you have any other computer that is also accessing your internet connection to see if it is having problems as well? Is the problem consistent after some time has passed or does it happen intermittenty? I suspect that there might be an issue with your internet connection from your ISP. It's happened to me with Comcast where sometimes the internet connection stalls for a while for reasons unknown.

You could also try and empty the cache of both Safari and Firefox to see if maybe that resolves some problems.

I just came to another conclusion that it could be your ISP's DNS nameservers. Have you tried with the nameservers from OpenDNS to see if that fixes the problem? Here are the IP addresses of the nameservers I use for OpenDNS:

Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222
Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

Here's a walkthrough on how to configure OpenDNS on your computer or router:
https://www.opendns.com/start

okay well i unplugged everything i could and reconnected and now i'm able to get on those sites.

so i don't know what was wrong but hopefully i fixed it. whatever i did. hah

okay well i unplugged everything i could and reconnected and now i'm able to get on those sites.

so i don't know what was wrong but hopefully i fixed it. whatever i did. hah

Well, that works just as well I guess. :p

But do check out that page if you can on OpenDNS. I use them instead of Comcast's DNS servers and they have worked great for me. They even prevent you from accessing phishing sites which is nice.

I don't know if my problem is similar, or if it's already been posted, but here it is: I cannot get facebook (I also noticed youtube does the same thing - I don't know how many other sites are like this that I haven't tried yet) to load in it's proper format.

The website opens, but all of the information, links, everything, is just listed down the left side of the page. The page doesn't look anything like the way it should. I have a PC and the website opens just fine on it, but I'd really like to be able to use my new mac for any website that I want to. Any idea what is wrong?

Back