Chalk me up! I've given up on OSX!

zippygaloo

Registered
It's official! In my opinion...and from numerous problems encountered.

MAC OSX Officially BLOWS PUMPKIN CHUNKS!

I've had it! I give up even trying to get this thing to work without running into problems. Major problems! I'm talking directories gone, files missing/deleted, crashes, systems not functioning properly, etc., etc., etc.

My USER DIRECTORY IS NOW GONE! VANISHED! ADIOS!

I simply changed the .txt file extension with .rtf to see if TextEdit would launch instead of SimpleText. The computer crashed and upon restart my user directory was 100% GONE! Not to mention the five or so files I just downloaded have vanished from my desktop....not to be found, and when I tried to redownload them...i get an error!

How the heck am I supposed to remain a loyal Apple user when the OS won't even support the doings of Lame-O Lunkheads like myself?! Let alone a childs innocent tamperings.

Apple....you should have waited to release this OS. You are getting more bad press than you deserve. At least I hope it's more than you deserve.

Unfortunatelly they couldnt have waited any longer.

To get back your directory (I dont think it has been deleted) just reboot into OS 9, get yourself a copy of ResEdit (free) launch it and use "get file/folder info" under file menu. Find your user folder in OS X and uncheck the checkbox that says "invisible"

Admiral
--> will wait till sept until everything is supported to get OS X <--

Back