Change Finder date format?

Curiosity

Registered
Is there any way to change the date format in the Finder list window? I find that the fully spelled-out month names make the date column too wide. I would prefer numbers such as 2006/09/15.

Is there any way to change the date format in the Finder list window? I find that the fully spelled-out month names make the date column too wide. I would prefer numbers such as 2006/09/15.

Have you tried:

SystemPrefs>Date&Time>OpenInternational>Formats>Customise?

Please post back if this doesn't solve things for you.

The column width is entirely up to you. You decide how wide you want the columns to be by dragging the divider at the top. If you want the column to be narrower, simply make it narrower. The Finder will adjust the date format to fit whatever width you set.

Chris

The more you use the Mac and discover the small details (like this) that Apple engineers put effort into, you'll appreciate it more and more, while you simply wonder why Microsoft can't get it right. Actually, it's simple--Apple really cares about design and user experience. Microsoft just wants your money.

Chris

The column width is entirely up to you. You decide how wide you want the columns to be by dragging the divider at the top. If you want the column to be narrower, simply make it narrower. The Finder will adjust the date format to fit whatever width you set.

Chris

I so overlooked this......

Back