Change focus after sleep

whyre

*nix Geek
I seem to have developed a nasty habit of letting my Powerbook G4 either run low on battery power or simply closing the top when in a game. This presents a problem, as I have enabled the setting to ask for authorization after waking from sleep.

Seems that while the screen asking for authorization is the only thing visually available, I can't actually get there, because the game is currently in fullscreen mode and has control of the keyboard and mouse. (Done this with Both Dungeon Siege and Tron 2.0).

I'm wondering if there is a particular key combination I can use to give focus to the authorization screen, or even kill the game, as I don't see any "nice" way to get back in short of ssh-ing in and killing the process. Or perhaps, I should just really work on curbing this habit of mine. :)

Any insight is greatly appreciated

You could try hitting command-tab once and letting go and see if that brings you back to the Finder. Works for me in Quake III, even though I can't see it.

Hmm, yeah... tried command-tab again just for good measure, doesn't seem to work in either of these two games, even the command-option-escape force close combination won't bring me back to finder, looks like I just have to be more careful. :rolleyes:

Back