Change .Mac handle?

neoangelic

Registered
I would like to change my .Mac handle because I am for some reason receiving PC-type virus' from an unknown user.

Can anyone clue me in on how to change my handle? Who or where do I email?

Neo::angel::

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong section

You can't. Register a new one. Not a good solution. Or ask their customer care.

But if your reason is only the stupid pc virus, forget it. They do nothing to your mac, except annoy you. Just trash them. Or bounce all of them back to the sender. :)

It seems to come from different addresses. First it was "andrew@birthdayalert.com" then it was "schwatz70@hotmail.com" or something like that. Whomever it is I obviously pissed off and they send it to me once a week.

Randman:: how do I "bounce back" with a .Mac link?? I use Mail program, for sure.

thanks fellas, this board kixx

Or just have your spam blocker option on and block it that way. I usually block rather than bounce, because a bounced e-mail can often lead to more junk as it alerts that the e-mail address is live.

Bounced emails are supposed to resemble the messages you get from mailer daemons when a message is sent to the wrong address, thereby hindering the spammer from considering your address valid. I don't see how it would alert them to a live address.

A filter will work only if there is a specific subject or From party that you can block. If the guy is sending you email from different addresses with different subjects every time, simply Cmd-Option-B his ass.

yah i bounce the email back to him, although not immediately after i recieve it. so far i havent recieved any but if i do ill bounce it again.

thanks
Neo

Try not to wait too long, because real daemons act immediately and it'll look more authentic if you do too.

Back