Change registration info in OS9 apps

Shoog

Registered
Hello

I have an old beige G3 which runs OS9. I was planning on selling it in the local paper, not expecting much for it but it may be of use to someone.

Anyway, before I get rid of it I'd like to remove all my details from the applications which are installed. ie "This product is registered to ....", etc

Can anyone tell me where this sort of information is typically stored?

I don't mind using a hex editor if required.

Cheers

Hi Shoog,

I'd recommending doing a clean install of the system before selling that computer - and if you do sell the license of those software with it, maybe leave the registration to the new user.

Thanks for the reply Giaguara. I probably would do a clean install, but I haven't got any disks and I've never done an OS 9 install before.

I thought if I could remove my details, I would leave it up to the buyer to sort out licenses, etc.

It depends on the software, but most apps store their settings in the Preferences folder in your System Folder. Find the appropriate files in there, trash 'em (or just move them out) and see if that does the trick.

You'll probably want to remove a lot of files from there. You might have mail or browser history/bookmarks, or who-knows-what.

Back