changing an event name in iphoto

goldenmeg

Registered
I've just upgraded to a new imac running Tiger. I can't seem to edit the names of the events in iphoto. I click on the name and get a white text box. But then I can not edit the name. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I imported my iphoto library from a Mac running Panther through the firewire connection. Thanks

It may be a permissions issue, if the library was created under a different user. Open Disk Utility, and run "repair permissions", and check that you have read & write access to the library (select, and press apple-I, check permissions tab)

Also, open Font Book and verify you have Helvetica Neue installed.If it isn't, you can install it with Pacifist and your OS X disk.

I ran the repair. I checked the read/write of the library (OK). I dont' know how Font Book works. None of my fonts are listed in it. I opened Word, and all my fonts are available including Helvetica Neue. Does this mean iphoto should see this font?

Could you respond and tell us how you fixed it? Might help someone else who comes up with this problem. Thanks!

Back