changing browser's

cleo

Registered
i have a MAC OS X 10.7.2... And i have safari now as my browser but i want to try another one... first... if i don't like the other one i try will my safari still be on my computer?..or do i have to re install it?.. Second... what is the best one to try?... i know there are a few but maybe someone can tell me whats a good one...I'm sorry if these are kind of dumb questions but i don't know a whole lot about computers... alto i love my Mac... thanks for any help...

The only circumstance under which you would need to reinstall Safari is if you removed it in the first place. To remove Safari is a non-trivial task because it is owned by the System.

Currently, I have eleven (11) browsers installed. MacOS X browsers do not conflict with each other, except for different versions of Firefox. That only means that you can't have two versions of Firefox open at the same time. However, you may have any two or more other browsers open at the same time. You may even have WebKit and Safari open at the same time.

The upshot is that there is no need to remove a browser. There is no need to re-download a browser because you used another browser.

Keep Safari, and try a bunch of the browsers to find which ones you like most.
And some sites just work better with some browsers than others - e.g. anything that wants to resize the screens, or to abuse javascript, seems to be more tolerable with Firefox with paranoid settings. Camino is nice and smooth, and Opera is still around too - plus there are a lot others to try too.

Back