Changing default web browser preference

dhalben

Registered
How do I reset my browser preference to change from Safari to something else, such as firefox or omniweb.
OS X Tiger
G5 Dual processor
Thanks,
Byron

BjarneDM said:
well, you actually do that through the Safari preferences under the 'General' settings !
That was a recent change that Apple made. (Panther or Tiger? anyone?) Seems very Microsoft-ish to hide a system-wide setting in your application. There are other ways to change the app without Safari, but they require third-party customization software, so it's probably just easier to go into Safari and make Apple happy. Maybe they'll put it back in System Preferences where it belongs with the next OS release.

Recent? Apple made the change with the introduction of MacOS X 10.3. That was back in 2003. You call 2003 recent?

Or, you can go to System Preferences, go to the Internet icon, and click on the tab for the web settings. There, you can specify your browser of choice.

Or, you can go to System Preferences, go to the Internet icon, and click on the tab for the web settings. There, you can specify your browser of choice.

Not in Tiger.

bobw said:
Not in Tiger.

Hmm...I could have sworn I have done this on my iMac G5 running Tiger. Since I deal with a lot of other Macs with Jaguar and Panther, it's possible that I got my signals crossed... :eek:

MisterMe said:
Recent? Apple made the change with the introduction of MacOS X 10.3. That was back in 2003. You call 2003 recent?
No, I wasn't talking recent in terms of years, but in terms of OS versions.

Back