Changing folder names in List View

kafene

Registered
Each time I want to change the name of a folder in List View, the folder name highlites and shoves the window to the left making it left justified at the text, which then hides the folder icons. I then have to scroll back to the original position.

I know it doesn't seem to be a big deal, but I do this quite a lot during the course of a day and it's getting tiring having to move the scroll bar back each and every time. Is there a setting to prevent this or am I just stuck with it?

kafene.

Do you mean in as Columns instead of list?

Try making the columns narrower or the window wider because when you select a folder it scrolls right to the view the entire column showing the contents of that folder. If there is enough space to show the column containing the folders contents and the column containing the folder, it wont scroll to far....so just make sure your window is big enough to show two complete windows. to scale a column, click and drag on the 2 || marks at the bottom of the column border.

Yeah. That's pissed me off for ages. The List window should stay set to the left, instead of fitting the right of the list column in the window. Stupid Apple & it's NeXT Geek employees.

Back