Changing IP Address and MAC Address Spoofing

bmordeca

Registered
After doing some searching on the web, I can't seem to find a way to change my IP address or MAC address past OS X version 10.3. I'm running Tiger now (10.4.1 or whatever) and am looking for a way to do these things.

Is there a new Terminal command to do this? Can anyone recommend software (free or pay, I don't mind) to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated!

After doing some searching on the web, I can't seem to find a way to change my IP address or MAC address past OS X version 10.3. I'm running Tiger now (10.4.1 or whatever) and am looking for a way to do these things.

Is there a new Terminal command to do this? Can anyone recommend software (free or pay, I don't mind) to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Changing the ip-address is done with the network pane in the configuration panel. Select the network card, set it to manual (normally not advisable) and enter the required IP-number / Netmask / Gateway address.

I have no idea how to change the mac address.

Good luck, kees

I use MacDaddyX to spoof MAC address change to use more time on public WiFi sites that limit you to one hour. Just search MacUpdate.com for that.

Either
Code:
sudo ifconfig en0 lladdr aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
sudo ifconfig en0 ether aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
isn't working on 10.5 (Leopard) anymore.

Back