Changing NTFS to FAT32 without repartitioning

DarkSorrow

Registered
Hello peeps,

I wonder is it possible to change NTFS to FAT32 without repartitioning and reinstalling windows? when i first installed Boot Camp and installed WinXp SP2, then after i went back to OSX and found out i have a "Untitled" partition appeared in my desktop and i know that is my window partition. but the issue is, it NTFS and there is no way i can transfer the file to my Untitled partation.

im tired of using my Flash Drive or my external HDD (in FAT32 format). because sometime, there is place where i dont have my Flash Drive or my external HDD with me on the go when i want to transfer my file to my untitled and boot to XP.

Is there a way to change NTFS to FAT32 without repartitioning and reformatting and reinstalling? if not, then what way i can do?

there's no way of doing that AFAIK. however, there is some project developing NTFS support for linux/Mac OS X, although i don't remember its name right now. it's a project that handles quite a few file systems at once with plugins of some sort... google "ntfs mac os x" ... ah, blast. i've googled it for you: http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/ ... ;) i haven't ever installed it, so i don't know how good it is, how far it's come or how dangerous it is. best read a bit about it before going ahead messing with your win xp installation, i'd say. ;)

MacFUSE works but it is slow. If you're copying small files its no problem. For something like video editing it will not work.

In such scenarios, a better question is why you are rendering/working off a NTFS partition in OS X to begin with.

You could buy Parallels, which can work with your Bootcamp partition, and will allow you to transfer files.

Back