Changing resolutions in CLI

Koelling

I Think Different
Anyone know a command to change the screen resolution in Darwin?

I use OS X in 800x600 but when I switch to darwin (and XWindows) it's unbearable. Usually I switch the resolution to 1024x768 before I sign out but when I forget it's a lot of wasted time to sign back in as myself, switch the resolution and then sign back out.

Thanks a lot, you guys are always a lot of help.

close but not quite. I was hoping for something that I could switch without restarting. This seems to cover a config script that is checked on start up. In OS X we can go to system preferences or the menu bar if we have it enabled and switch from 800x600 to 1024x768. Is there any command: chscreen 1024x768 ?

Has anyone tried this at all? I'm curious if the new IMac can run at a higher resolution, 1024 x 768 would be perfect.
Am I gonna be the guinnie(spelling?) pig?

Ok, my bad, I feel like an a$$....
Is there any way to get the next resolution, 1280 x ?? <-unsure and don't want to be deemed a moron again. j/k

Thanks

just jessing (if you see how stoopid I look in some threads, you'de laugh!:D )

I think screen res is determined by physical technology, rather than software. But I'm not entirely sure.:rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't think things all the way through before posting. :)

Testuser, thanks for the great explanation!

Back