changing the triangle

Abakadoosh

Smiling 'till death
well, i went and changed my background to one with a picture in the middle and has black around it. well, i also changed the background of my dock invisible. this promotes a little problem, i cant see the triangle anymore because of the black on black deal. is there any way to change those little dealies to a different color, like red or something noticable? not very important but would be nice to know if Mail is running, without starting it if it wasnt already.

I know that TinkerTool has the "Blue Arrow" on the lauched application, but that doesn't help for your sit.

I would do two things,

1. Recommend it to Apple ('cause it's a damn good idea)

2. Go into the GIMP, or Photoshop, and make a little off-black bar at the bottom of the graphic. (Cheap I know, but hey...)

Later...

Originally posted by twyg
1. Recommend it to Apple ('cause it's a damn good idea)

2. Go into the GIMP, or Photoshop, and make a little off-black bar at the bottom of the graphic. (Cheap I know, but hey...)

1. ive wanted to suggest a few idea's to Apple before, but theres only one problem, i dont know where to send them. There seems to be no link on Apple's website that i can find to where something like that would go.

2. what are you talking about? i know next to nothing about OSX (seeing as im so use to os 9 and how that works) and have no idea what your talking about.

Ok,
A. http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/
Hidden in the top bar, exactly where I miss all the links myself

B. Do you have Photoshop, or the GIMP?
Both of these programs are graphic editors. Use the program that you used to make the graphics on your site ;) (which is über aqua... nice...)

Hope this helps...

P.S. Steve, what's up w/ the half circles? You've certainly peaked my interest!

Originally posted by twyg
.... that you used to make the graphics on your site ;) (which is über aqua... nice...)

Well, to tell you the truth, i made that design well over a year and a half - two years ago. no joke, i swear. its just PURE coinsidence that it kinda looks like the aqua theme. I first had Abakadoosh.com um... damn, i dunno, years ago for free. then they started bitching and said that they would "forclose" on it and take it away from me if i didnt pay for the registration. so i went ahead and payed the 30 $, and then when i got bored i started fooling around with photoshop for a new design for my web page and thats what i came up with. started out with a black composite. i was pretty astounded cause i was literally just playing around with the options instead of designing a web site. suprise! :eek: and then, os x came out. ya know, i never made the connection and noone said anything about it looking like the aqua theme, but it kinda does. hmm... THEY STOLE IT FROM ME! :D

I was bummed about the half circles, too. (For those that never saw them - the arrow you're used to showed which app was primary. Half circles for all other apps that were open but not in front)

Seemed like a really good idea. They could've made a program notification much more subtle and given the option (i.e. - flash the half circle, or make THAT bounce rather than the entire icon. Even though the bouncing icon seems the best if the dock is hidden) of that vs. Icon bouncing. But forgetting my rambling there, the half circle looked solid and I'm wishing it had made the cut.

--jb

Back