Changing view options in Mail.

OrganLeroy

Registered
I use Mail (2.1.3) on a PowerPC G4 Powerbook running OS 10.4.11. My version of Apple's Mail app has a section in Mail-->Preferences that lets me set the font and font size (individually) for the mailbox list, the message list, and individual messages themselves.

mail-prefs.gif

My dad is running the same version of Mail on the same OS, but on an Intel Powerbook. His version of Mail-->Preferences is much more limited, and allows none of the font and font size options for the various parts of the main Mail window.

mail-prefs-pete.gif

Being an older guy, his vision isn't what it used to be. His version of Mail lets him increase or decrease the text size of individual messages he's viewing, but not of the message list or mailbox list. He'd like to be able to increase these font sizes.

There must be some method of changing these settings that I'm not finding, other than changing the screen resolution of the entire display. Can anyone point it out to me?

Oh believe me - you are not the only one who has had that happen :) seen it with many users...

Back