Changing window colour?

ajmas

Registered
Does MacOS X have the ability to change the colour of the Windows in the same way I can do in MS-Windows, or are we stuck with eye burning white?

On a smilar note is it me or does the MacOS 9 interface feel little bit more soothing than the MacOS X interface?

But you have to tinker around with the resources deep within the System folder.

Alternatively, X Themes for some great themes that do it for you. This doesn't even come close to the flexibility of OS9 however.

Bernie :eek:)

You can change the window colour in OSX!

But only in Icon View.

With a window open goto View at the top of the screen and then Show View Options (or just press Apple-j)

You can change the colour or use a picture for the window.

as for OS9 being more soothing, i think it is the lack of anti-aliased GUI that seems to scream less at the eyes!

Oh *that* kind of window colour changing...

good point uoba,

thought you meant the window border colour, which is another nice thing to change.

unfortunately it is only the icon view that has background colour, not Column or list view.

More freedom to change our Interface that's what I say!!!
(but not when I'm with people, that'll just scare them.):rolleyes:

Check out bighairydog's answer.

But be WARNED! If you are running 10.1.1 then XThemes can mess your system up big time! (I know, it happened only last week!)

I loaded up a lineless version of the current Aqua theme, upon restarting I couldn't get into the log-in screen, just a blue screen of death!

A simple system reinstall sorted it out, but I ain't gonna do that in hurry again!

Apparently it's the themes themselves not the app XTheme that causes this (you have to find 10.1.1 compatible themes, which are apparently out there.)

Hokay dokey.;)

What I'd like to know, is where are the files that Themes replace? Does anyone know of a site with a tutorial on how to do DIY changes when all I have is photoshop?
  It would be nice to have full control, and not rely on other ppls themes not to mess with your computer...

Back